14 May 2008

home sweet home

Not much can make my heart sing louder and clearer than

…jogging on county road 3115 at dusk
…filling and re-filling my parents coffee cups about 10 times a day
…sitting silently in the middle of the field just north of our house with Beethoven staring blankly at me
…the drive to walmart with momma
…seeing everyone I know, and then finding out quickly that they know every detail of my life that has happened in the past 2 months (thanks mom)
…cooking fresh vegetables from the garden (thanks Deb—she gave us her first fruits of the summer, asparagus, sweet peas, carrots, potatoes, broccoli..mmm nothing like it)
…watching o’reilly with dad and laughing. a lot.
...answering to the name anna.
…making about 4 pots of coffee in one night because our door is always open, and well, family is so much bigger
…shelling pecans
...seeing roughly 40 little people (under 3 yrs) tackle my dad screaming “Pastor Wandy!!”
…then seeing my dad’s eyes sparkle
…playing secretary for a day and watching people in need flood in the doors of an open building filled with people who are the church
...remembering the 'old' me
…waking up to the sound of a bush-hogger (how exactly do you spell that?)
…eating supper on the back porch
…the indescribable beauty that is East Texas
...watching home vidoes
…driving on the back roads
…watching my dad teach P.E. at school. calistinics have a whole new meaning.
…making mom's carrot cake
...watching my parents flirt. and snuggle. after almost 25 years.
…reading. just for fun.


It feels good to be back.

It’s different this time.

Everything I own is in boxes. Mi casa in CS is no more—and well, mi casa here isn’t really mine either. It is different this time, and i never thought it would come so soon. more on that later...

8 comments:

blaire blanchette said...

I am so thankful for you emily.

and I'm still laughing out loud thinking about you and betheoven sitting the the field...HAHAH! Oh dear.

Emily, Christ has invaded in ways I never knew...its beautiful.

i love reading your writings. I think we should write a book together, just imagine all the stories we have to tell.

Life is happening...and its good.

Jenn said...

I love that you call it "supper" too ;)

i love small town life. i think i might want to raise babies in one too.

i definitely underestimated them.


love you - cant wait to hit the BIG city with ya soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're back in the full swing of the blogosphere... and you got that cool picture of yourself up there... nice.

East Texas man. Good.

Caroline said...

this entry made my heart so very warm
thank you for it

Hendrick Family said...

OH, I love this, and I miss you!

Heather

Kelly said...

several things, 1) i'm sad you are gone, yet so excited for you!
2) there are several former living hopers that go to mark dever's church capital hills baptist and LOVE it, including one of my best friends...let me know if you want her number!

Randy said...

Emily, my heart was singing much louder than yours!

P.S. your Dad & Mom's courtship has been 27 yrs next month. Time flies when you are having FUN!

Jenn said...

ahhh we wanna know if you made it yet?!?!?!