18 November 2009

wednesday meditation

ah life.

days have passed so quickly...

so much to say, but to somehow keep up with this blog, I'll share what I'm meditating on...

thoughts?


"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended, but one things I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

"Dear souls, how little they know that the abiding in Christ is just meant for the weak, and so beautifully sutied to their feebleness. It is not the doing of some great thing that does not demand that we first lead a holy and devoted life. No, it is simply weakness entrusting itself to a MIght One to be kept--the unfaithful one casting self on One who is altogether turstworthy and true. Abiding in Him is not a work that we hav eto do as the condition for enjoying His salvation, but a consenting to let Him do all fo rus, and in us, and through us. It is a work He does for us: the fruit and the power of His redeeming love. Our part is simply to yield, to trust, and to wait for what He has engaged to perform."
Andrew Murray, Abide in Christ

No comments: