04 August 2009

His Holy Pillow

It is here you birthed me
My flesh, my breath, my self
To unassuming parents; broken, healed, redeemed, called children of yours

It is here you filled me
Your spirit, your longings, your purpose
Penetrating every part of me, infiltrating each moment, thought, and heart’s desire

It is here you changed me
Watched me continually, and continually still, bounce between
holding tightly and letting go
struggling and freedom
weary songs and joyful melodies
arrogant perspectives and broken revelations
empty, desirous of everything and overflowingly full

you are before and after and in between it all

It is here your voice came alive to me
The experience of love manifest
I saw your face in my momma’s selfless grace
I witnessed your mercy in my sister’s constant care

I heard your whisper in silence, in laughter, in daddy's bear hugs

It is here you invited me
to breath in and out slowly

to rest

to relax

and to fall deeper into your holy pillow

3 comments:

juliette said...

did you write this??

emily said...

yes, I wrote it while I was home.

juliette said...

thats amazing.
=)
i love it