28 February 2009

as promised....

photo journey to TX.



made it to the metro, barely (a journey in itself)




Crissa spent some time in the airport studying how to live the southern lifestyle :)




of course, cereal was our staple food supply. unfortunately, we ran out before we left D.C.



first stop: the big D--visiting my wonderful sister and brother



final destination: d'field @ 1 a.m.
i will have mom's utterly confused yet full of joy face forever imprinted in my memory



ahhhhhhhh i think i came home just to soak up this view. Crissa and I spent the morning walking my favorite road in the world and breathing in the crisp clean gorgeous air of TX



oh, don't worry, Crissa fell in love :)



6 years of cheerleading for the beloved Brahma bulls...really? yes.




sweet potatoes=best road snack ever



walking in Memphis :)



too bad we already ate dinner...



starbucks saved our lives





not to worry--we stole more cereal from momma



next stop: capital of country music



the newest inductees :)



crissa's first time to enter into the cracker barrel of the south



she was in awe of the candy selection



i found exactly what i needed. peeps. truly on my top 5 favorite things list.



we made it! miss black cherry carried us all the way home :)

we made rules for ourselves in order to not overuse the car when we can clearly get around on foot/public transportation. plus, i honestly enjoy the freedom of not having a car. so we decided to mostly use it on the weekends for grocery shopping and running errands.

confession: we have used it everyday. probably 3x a day.

needless to say, the rules have changed and we have fallen ever more in love with miss black cherry

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cracker Barrel... yummm. Good choice in the indoctrination process of your friend!

Jenn said...

that picture of you and your parents is priceless.

wow. sheer joy!

and anna's hair looks great! she cut it!

love the photos!

Ashley said...

that's so fun emily! makes me want to go on a road trip!!

Hollienoel said...

Emily, this story is hi-larious! I just told Zoe I would be so proud to have you as my daughter (which is a REALLY weird comment from a peer, but I was looking at your mom and dad and thinking "I'd love a kid like Emily"). I love reading your thoughts/doings in DC and hope you're healthy and happy!! xoxo Hollienoel

Caroline Sweatt said...

i so very much wish that you would write something new...and tell me all about your life!