05 December 2008

the city that never sleeps :)

is it too late to update about Thanksgiving...?

i know i'm a week late but i went to New York City and wanted to share! I traveled with fellow IJM staff and interns...we stayed in a hostel and roamed the city for 4 days :)

a quick pictorial history of my time in the BIG APPLE!



i've watched this on TV for years and it was so much fun to see it in person!



we woke left around 5:30 to stake out a good spot on the curb! Four hours, a hundred oversized balloons and teenage starts later...we were exhausted!




We found a real authentic Mexican food stand on the side of the road near 5th Avenue...the cooks were from Puebla and it was phenomenal (and cheap!)






spent the next morning in central park playing in the leaves!




i found my new yogurt love. pink berry! i had heard all about it and finally got to try it!




New York Stock Exchange!




We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge!




New York City!




famous magnolia cupcakes (...although i had never heard of them before...)


This was my first Thanksgiving away from home....although NYC was an incredible experience, it comes in second place to good ole Daingerfield in my book.

i'm pretty sure i first tasted homesickness when these two girls came to visit me...



My big sis and friend Whitney came to la capital just deep enough into my internship to kinda make me wish i could jump on the plane with them...

I am very excited to come home, yet I am also very sad to leave.

This next week is full. future life/job decisions will be made, i will attend the IJM D.C. banquet and say goodbye to my fellow interns who have become my dear friends, i will move back to Texas on Friday and see friends and family i haven't seen for 4 months, on then on Saturday i will graduate from college...

yep, full week :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear more about everything!